If you’ve started your new year with the resolve to improve your content marketing strategy with video then, congrats, you’re already headed in the right direction! But if you have yet to get started or perhaps need a bit more convincing, we’ve got three of this year’s top reasons for why 2016 needs to be the year of video for your business:
1. The Internet Loves Video: Video is the magic solution to optimizing your site, your social posts, and your paid social advertising. Which means now, more than ever, is the time to use video if you want to reach your customers online and on social media. For proof, we’ll let the stats speak for themselves:
– Sites with video on their homepage are 53 times more likely to get first page Google search rankings.
– Facebook’s video algorithm favors native video over YouTube or other linked video—especially if it’s related to a trending topic.
– Users digest video content 60,000 times faster than text. Plus, they hang around on sites with video for a full two minutes longer than those without. Goodbye drop-off!
2. Video Is Eating the World: People love video. There’s just no getting around it. By 2017, video will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic. And given Facebook’s new video algorithm for native video, it’s no wonder that, to quote Sheryl Sandberg:
“In just one year, the number of video posts per person on Facebook increased 75 percent globally and 94 percent in the U.S. Today, over 50 percent of people in the U.S. who come to Facebook daily watch at least one video per day, and globally, over 65 percent of Facebook video views occur on mobile.”
And that will likely keep on growing.
3. It’s the Best Bang for Your Buck: Given that consumers are more likely to engage with, digest, share, and/or make a purchase upon watching a video, it’s easy to see why 52% marketers around the world see video as the most effective type of content to spend your marketing dollars on.
Not sure where to start capturing the necessary footage you need to make 2016 the year of video? Check out this blog post here for tips on starting to generate that content without having to change your business’s routine. Then, download the VidMob app here to connect with talented video editors just waiting to transform that footage into powerful, effective marketing content.