VidMob is the leading video creation platform with a network of professional creatives worldwide who produce the full spectrum of video content for the world’s brands and advertisers. As the Web transitions to a video-driven medium, marketers, and publishers need to increase the volume and enhance the quality of their video communications. VidMob enables clients to collaborate with expert creatives to efficiently develop a suite of video assets optimized for every digital channel.
Culture fit is key to success at VidMob. We seek candidates that are curious, collaborative and committed to excellence. We take every hire seriously and only choose seriously talented team members. We care deeply about our employees and are dedicated to making VidMob an exceptional company to work for. VidMob is proud to offer comprehensive health plans paid for by the company, enhanced Maternity/Paternity Programs and unlimited vacation plans. We also provide employees with access to 401K plans, healthy food and snacks, and pre-taxed transit.
VidMob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You will play a leading role in helping to move VidMob’s engineering team to a fully continuous process, from integration to deployment. You will implement solutions to manage and monitor VidMob’s growing platform. You’ll also create systems and tools to help the engineering team understand how their code is performing in production and play a supportive role when issues arise.
This position is full time and is based in Pittsfield, MA.
• Design and develop a highly agile infrastructure for continuous and phased deployments.
• Research and develop solutions for infrastructure monitoring and alarming.
• Research and develop new approaches to establish software engineering best practices across teams.
• Continuous improvement and iteration of our process. We continually evaluate how we work, the tools we use, and what we are doing to optimize for ourselves, our users and the whole company.
• Be a creative problem solver, who is passionate about innovation and customer experience.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to lead VidMob’s efforts in continuous development, integration, testing, deployment and monitoring. As Kelsey Hightower put it, we are looking for someone to be the “Special Forces” member within our organization. This person can combine both business and technical skills to help drive performance within our engineering team and platform infrastructure. Minimum Qualifications
• B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Experience with build/configuration management using Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet/Chef and/or equivalent.
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS).
• Experience with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, RDS) and SQL.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.