Marketing Science Analyst, Emerging Media
VidMob is the leading video creation platform with a network of professional creatives worldwide who produce the full spectrum of video content for the world’s brands and advertisers. As the Web transitions to a video-driven medium, marketers, and publishers need to increase the volume and enhance the quality of their video communications. VidMob enables clients to collaborate with expert creatives to efficiently develop a suite of video assets optimized for every digital channel. Learn more about VidMob here.
We are looking for a Marketing Science Analyst to join the VidMob team. We seek someone with a strong analytic background in research methods and inferential statistics to answer complex research questions around how consumers respond to video and emerging advertising formats and how these learnings can be used to create better advertising experiences for audiences. The ideal candidate will have a background in data science, including R (Python a bonus), research methods, and statistics.
VidMob is building innovative research products that will change how we think of marketing and advertising. The Marketing Science Analyst will contribute to the creation of these products and be instrumental in exploring and understanding how the data output can solve real-life challenges and questions for brands and leading platforms, like Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Twitter. This position is full-time and based in New York.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to create understanding of relationships between creative characteristics and performance data.
- Identify methods to leverage our proprietary data set and partner data to validate hypotheses and enhance internal classification and actionability.
- Drive exploratory analysis to understand advertising platforms, user behaviors, creative characteristics, and long-term trends.
- Identifying levers that move key metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Creating reports and client presentations
- BS/BA Degree in Economics, Statistics, Applied or Experimental Psychology, or similar quantitative field.
- 1-2 years in a quantitative field, such as consulting, market research, product development, or user experience research.
- 4+ years of experience in statistical analysis (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions). This may include academic experience.
- Experience with applied statistics including sampling approaches, experiments, causal modeling, and data mining techniques.
- Experience with an analysis tool, R required, Python a bonus.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL-like query languages.
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Stock Option Plan
We are an equal opportunity employer.