How Medair Raised More Funds Faster
Raised in 4 Weeks
Return On Investment Of Ad Spend
UNSDG 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
UNSDG 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
Medair is an impartial, independent, and neutral humanitarian organization inspired by Christian faith to save lives and relieve human suffering in the world’s most difficult-to-reach and devastated places. In 2020, while Afghanistan experienced a dramatic political transition severely impacting the banking system and blocking aid from reaching vulnerable populations, Medair moved swiftly to reach people who would be inaccessible once the harsh winter set in.
To quickly develop and launch a compelling emergency fundraising video before the Afghanistan winter, when it’s nearly impossible to reach thousands of at-risk families.
A pre and post-campaign analysis of Medair’s Facebook Feed and Stories identified key insights for developing the best performing creative assets:
- Sound – While Facebook recommends building for a sound-off environment, creatives designed with sound outperformed assets that did not feature any sound.
- Early Call To Action – To capture audience attention, engagement was highest when the CTA was placed in the first 3 seconds.
- Human Focused – Assets that featured human presence in the first 3 seconds led to a significant lift in average click-through rates.
- Brand Awareness – Including the organization’s logo saw an improvement in performance. We recommend further testing logo placement to develop a greater understanding of how branding impacts engagement.
In partnership with VidMob, Medair raised more money than any of their previous emergency appeal and in a much shorter period of time with results includes:
- 48,000 USD raised within four weeks
- 2800% return on investment of ad spend
- Medair provided cash assistance to 50,000 people in time to support preparations for the long and harsh winter along with mobile health and nutrition clinics
VidMob helped us get the story out in a really compelling way. In any emergency it’s important that we are reaching new people who will engage with the way we deliver humanitarian aid. VidMob made that happen, and the team really joined us in a commitment to help people in need.
The Creator Network
The VidMob Foundation is fueled by the active engagement of incredible freelance creative professionals on the VidMob platform. They’re some of the world’s most talented creators, and, time and again, have willingly dived in to offer their time and skills for charities around the world. No matter the size of the ask, or the significance of the cause, these creators believe in using creativity as a force for good, just as we do.