Strides to Remember this Women’s History Month
Taking a page out of Alex’s book, if you want to build a greater world, support more women-focused organizations. And that’s exactly what VidMob strives to do.
VidMob Gives aligns with all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Goal 5 is Gender Equality a, which focus on ending all discrimination against women and girls, not only because it’s a basic human right, but because it’s also crucial for our collective sustainable future. It’s proven that respecting and supporting women and girls will end child labor, hunger, poverty, global warming and increase economic growth and development worldwide.
According to the United Nations Development Programme:
- Women earn only 77 cents for every dollar that men get for the same work
- 1 in 3 women have experienced physical and/or sexual violence
- Women represent just 13 percent of agricultural landholders
- Almost 750 million women and girls alive today were married before their 18th birthday
- Only 26 percent of all national parliamentarians are women
Though this may be the case now, it doesn’t have to stay this way.
Over the last three years, VidMob Gives has partnered with both US and international organizations such as UN Women, Equality Now, Amplify Girls, Saving Jane, Edna Adan Hospital Foundation, Komera, Partnership to End Human Trafficking, One Young World, and Kiva. Along with our inspiring nonprofit partners, VidMob continues to create compelling creative content to help make meaningful and memorable impact in their communities.
- Amplify Girls: During the height of COVID-19,we raised funds for their underfunded community organizations in East Africa.
- One Young World: we supported their #itstime campaign bringing attention to the frightening fact that it will take 108 years to bridge the gender gap if we don’t act now.
- Equality Now: We drove supporters to give and end FMG/C and inequality.
- Edna Adan Hospital Foundation: We helped raise enough money to fund 91 weeks of free education for midwives in Somaliland.
- UN Women:e fundraised to support survivors of rising domestic violence during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Komera:we grew investment in the future of girls' lives to help them thrive in Rwanda.
We continue to connect with more champions of UN SDG #5 to help make gender equality a reality and build a better world for us all.